Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Life in American Samoa


Living in the United States for awhile and coming here to American Samoa was a huge shift in my life style. I was independant and had my own car, do everything by myself.
It was a big different from the States. The weather wasn't friendly either and my new man wasn't so all that I thought. Ok..he was alright. The only thing I don't like about him is his temper and jealousy. I'm not allowed to be outside alone, etc. Our differences were too much and I regret even leave the States and my apartment, job, friends and most of all my sister. We use to talk on the phone forever on the weekend or everyday.

American Samoa itself were wonderful place to live. Eventhough I was raised up in the south pacific, this moved to American Samoa is no longer excited for me. I was ready to head back the same day I arrived. People are very friendly but I did not like the wet weather all year around and the geikos. I was terrified of it and frogs.
I started to occuppied my time in helping business owners in training as well as setting up their Quikbooks system. I tried hard to fit in. I got a job in the Business Center as a Technology Assistant and Business Instructor. Even I've tried hard to do much but something still missing in my life as the indepedentant lifestyle I used to.
It was definitely causing problems in our marriage. I regrets lot of things in my life but I wanted to fight to save my marriage.

1 comment:

  1. I miss talking to you too, and especially coming to visit you and my friends and going shopping in your closet :) Another lovely post!!!

    ReplyDelete